Monday, June 13, 2011

Sins.

As Christians, we must be critical of each other, as well as ourselves. We often take our sin lightly because we have this ever-loving, always forgiving God. We think He will stand by our side no matter what. While this is true, we are the chosen crowd. We have chosen to follow Christ, and should therefore do everything in our power (as well as His) to live closer to Him everyday.

Jesus died on a cross. He suffered a painful death without even wincing for our sin. Yet, we can't do anything but rationalize our choices and make up excuses for the sin in our life.

What are some sinful things in your life you aren't taking seriously? I'll list mine below, for others to hold me accountable to with hopes that you will critically look into your own lives as well.

1. Support. I need verbal support or people to be around all the time. Rather than relying on God, or close Christian support, I will rely on anyone who will listen.

2. Along with support, I try a little too hard to make people accept me. I don't "change" who I am, but I am so versatile I often feel like people don't get the "whole picture." I also always yearn to have friends- rather than relying on God's love to fill my heart.

3. Attention to biblical time. I often find myself saying "I'll look at His word later." I should yearn to be exposed to His word whenever my heart feels pulled. The Bible isn't something that should be put off or pushed to one large reading on a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment