Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Expert Traveler

Today, the doctor told me I was an expert and experienced traveler. *gasp* I never thought anyone would say that. Much to my surprise, he didn't really go over any (or all) of the food and water precautions when traveling because he said I "know the drill."

In addition, I had to get a yellow fever shot. Shots freak me out. I swear, I can feel them inside of me. The nurse walks in (mind you, I have NEVER been to this clinic) and shoves the needle into the back of my arm with no warning, no cleaning the area, and no gloves... I didn't know what to say, other than.. "I guess being sanitary never was important to me..."

My rant to the doctor: Niger will be different. I made have appeared knowledgeable about types of anti-malarial and known the area I was staying in, but I'm sure I could have learned something from you. I often feel like travelers who appear "well-informed" get the short end of the stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment