Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Walk & Niger

[12:13:51 AM] Edward Kinkade: God isnt who the secular world wants him to be or who Oprah says he is, we dont define Him, he defines us
This was a conversation via skype with my dad that transformed my life. I was in China. I felt alone, I was with a boyfriend that I had been dating for nearly two years, but I struggled with him being a "non-believer." He was practically everything I wanted in life, but both of us knew things were changing.

My faith was taking leaps. I had been to Mexico on missions, and was preparing for a trip to Haiti. I was learning how to walk for God everyday and become more like Jesus. I had time in China to read my Bible and form my own opinions. Mike and I broke up on my Birthday. It wasn't as tragic as I had expected, in fact the hardest part was hugging his mom at the airport.

God has given me a love for working with Children. When I graduated high school, I thought the only option would be teaching. I never looked into anything else. I never looked at leaving Iowa. Pella was a huge leap. As my faith changed, God gave me a love for the world. All of the Children of the world. As of now, I am not positive what my life will lead after graduation. I may teach, I may continue my education, I may... It's not in my hands, but in the hands of the higher power.

If asked, "why do you feel you need to go so far away to evangelize?" I now have an answer:

I go where God needs me. I am willing to be a servant of him for all of the days of my life. I want to live like Jesus everyday, and live like the people of the world to know their desires and match them to the Kingdoms. Even if my life does not lead to international work, I believe that God is using me for multiple purposes, and I will be able to relate to others even from a small town in Iowa.

On August 28th, I will be leaving for Niger, West Africa. I will be spending my time home schooling Tom Johnson's three children as well as learning, living and acting as a follower of Christ in my everyday life to show others the light I was shown. I am in need of lots of prater and some fundraising still needs done.

To donate visit: https://www.rca.org/volunteersupport and choose Ashley Kinkade

(the start of my faith story has multiple layers and factors, apologies if you have heard different ones)

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I can tell you are filled with joy provided by Him and will change many lives! Good luck in Niger.

    ReplyDelete