Sunday, May 1, 2011

uncomfortable

The day of the word.

Today, I spoke at Leighton Ebenezer Church to seek funds for my upcoming trip to Niger. My entire drive I was so nervous. I thought I was going to throw-up, and I'm not sure why. As I pulled into the parking lot, I sent my friend (who was also seeking funding from a church for an upcoming trip) a text message of encouragement. Then, I opened my Bible to John 15:16.

John 15:16 is a constant reminder of my Dad's love for me. His guidance and wisdom are immense. I read past verse 16, which is where it talks about seeking out to the world and even being HATED by the world. As much as I don't like the thought of being HATED. I have recently decided how acceptable it is to be hated. Sharing Christs love for the world is worth showing off.

I opened my talk at Leighton Ebenezer with my vulnerability. I told them about my journey to become more Christ-like every day, and the best way to do that is by getting vulnerable and uncomfortable in community.

Instantly, my heart was calmed. The rest was easy, and I spent the afternoon bonding (and eating great food!).

No comments:

Post a Comment