Monday, May 23, 2011

Lost in the city

For unexplainable reasons, I love being lost in places I'm not familiar with. I loved taking random buses in China to the last stop and just finding something new. And, of course, finding my way back.

It's a thrill.

However, in my car, or in Des Moines.. Ames.. Pella.. I cannot stand to be lost. I feel like I have been defeated and can't stand on my own two feet.

It's plausible that A) I just know I can rely on others to help me or B) others notice I am lost or C) I feel like I should be the master of the location I'm in.

Aside from that, here in Ames I hate feeling lost at life, too. I think things are going well, and then my whole life crashes down. I spend two days stressed out about situations and then build myself up just to get knocked down again. I can pray about the situation, but I can never really get past it and conquer the situation because it usually involves people I have known for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment