Friday, September 9, 2011

Today the girls and I cleaned up the classroom a little, and did some educational games. Saturday we get to swim at the club, and Monday is the First Day of School! Wish me luck! I also got cooking supplies for breakfast and weekend meals.. I tried to make granola last night, but made some mistake and just made clumps of oats. I was missing some ingredients.. so I will blame that. If anyone has any suggestions of foods that would be easy to make, send them my way!

Things that need some prayer attention:

Pray for the water pump to get fixed. It appears we won’t have running water for over a week. I think we have to get some oxen and pull it up from the well! We filled up enough buckets and bottles, but the swim tomorrow will be a great chance to get the stink away. ;)

Pray for my mother. Her horse passed away in an accident last week. It takes my mom awhile to find a horse she is attached to, and Lucy was a great horse. It’s hard to offer support over the phone while I am away.

Pray for disciples. Always. After seeing pieces of a country that it 99% Muslim, it would be very hard to be a Christian living among this community. Pray the Christians have the courage to stand out and speak about Jesus to the Muslims.

Pictures appear to load a little faster via facebook, so check the link I posted last time for picture updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment