Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of School!

Do you know how to tell the difference between an ape and a monkey? A monkey has a tail, but an ape doesn’t.

Science Lesson One: Complete! (among other things!)

The first day of school was a success! We are reading the Red Sails of Capri, and doing lots of other fun (& educational) things! Our classroom has a timeline that we created on Friday, but we haven’t gotten to any figures for it quite yet. I am grateful for my education at Central—it’s tough to teach two different grade levels at the same time! After school, the girls also told me Sylvia would invite them over of an afternoon story… Thank goodness my awesome friends back in Ames got me the complete set of “If you give a Mouse a Cookie!”

In other news, we have been lucky enough to keep our water buckets filled with water from a nearby mission site.. maybe by next week we will have own supply of running water! I also haven’t had the opportunity to talk to my family much, I sent my mom a text, and tried to call Dad last night, but the internet is too slow. (Which is also why I haven’t uploaded any pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment