Wednesday, March 30, 2011

happiness

Often times, I find it hard to express feelings. I can be having the best day of my life, and my friend can be having the worst. It goes either direction.

I can be so excited to tell everyone about something AWESOME that has happened to me, and the first person I see is crying. They can tell I'm excited, but I need to be there for them.

This life isn't about me.

It's easier to remember my good news an hour later and pick up my happy self than bring someone else down. However, this ball can be thrown the opposite way. Everyone can tell your day has been crappy and they never bother to say anything. We get so caught up in our own lives, that it's hard to remember how to act.

Happiness is one of those things that you have to think about two ways. Some things can make you happy in the "here and now," but possibly not the future, and somethings are just plain happy all the time. I find myself struggling with this. Yesterday I even told Grant "I wish I wasn't so happy." It just makes things more complicated. I know I'll have a stressful day. I'm not sure things will work out. I'm not sure if I should keep current happiness for fear of it not being future happiness..

No comments:

Post a Comment