Friday, January 7, 2011

Mule Wreckage

(condensed version)

One bright September day I was riding my mule Cojack and leading Blaze. A truck drove by really fast, and my mom yelled a few choice words because Blaze was a colt and the truck scared my poor horse.

The truck turned around, and my mom thought she was going to get her ass kicked.. but as I learned later, that truck was going to stop the truck that was bolting down the hill behind me. As I tried to get off the road, I couldn't go anywhere. The only options were a 20 foot-drop, or a bunch of trees. Cojack did the right thing by turning his hind end toward the truck and taking the hit. I went up over his head, and he ended up in the back of the F-350.

As I was laying under the truck, I opened my eyes to see nothing but the grill. I was directly under the middle of the truck, still holding my mules bridle. I could hear the lady on the phone saying there was blood everywhere (there was no blood) and my mom screaming. My shoe was under the tire, and mom was sure that's where I was.

911 received the wrong address, so I laid under the truck for 45 minutes before they arrived. I talked to my mom about boys the entire ride to the hospital before the doctor said, ".. Does she normally do this?" My mom responded, ".. Yeah, it's normal."

I was in ER for about 4 hours, and then I was sent home. We found the mule laying in the front yard with Blaze still tied to him. The mule couldn't walk, but somehow he got home.

As for the lady, she was our neighbor. She felt awkward living next to us, so she moved to town shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment