Sunday, January 30, 2011

diversity at its best

Sometimes I want to cuddle.
Sometimes I don't want anyone to be within 4 feet of me.
Sometimes I want pizza and football.
Sometimes I want sushi and conversation.
Sometimes I feel like I could change the world.
Sometimes the world is on top of me.
Some days I want to be in China.
Other days I want to be on a beach.
I'm a constant contradiction.
I don't have myself figured out.
My needs involve making others happy, except for when I'm in a "non-people mindset."
I know my strengths, flaws, loves, and passions. They don't always line up.

I'm sure we all have these moments, but it is impossible for us to determine what we want out of our lives if we haven't found ourselves. The more often I try to find myself, I just get lost in the beauty of the world. I want to be everything. My different sides shine at different times, and not one person can inhibit those needs. I need more than one person, and I'm sorry I don't treat you well if you can't meet those needs.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same. Trying to describe yourself is hard when you feel like you can be anything and everything. But you just have to act how you feel at the moment and not regret a thing. Wherever you go, you can find happiness in that place.

    ReplyDelete