Monday, February 22, 2010

still too excited to make sense of my blogs!

I am finding it hard to blog because of the limited internet and electricity. I will most likely start typing a word document in my room at nights and then uploading it in the morning. Yesterday we had our very informal tour of campus, and played badminton and hacky sack. This is the first instance where I was amazed at how friendly the people are. Three guys were sitting, just watching us play, and they came and asked us to take pictures at the Mao statue with them. We took pictures, and then played badminton with them, and it was a good experience. I am so amazed how “un-awkward” it was that they were just watching us! The food here is also really good! Last night we ate at a Muslim place, which was really good, I hope to upload pictures very soon!
Today, we started by walking through Gu Dang, which has various shops and food places. We ate at a restaurant where you could walk around and see all of the seafood that you could eat, which is not something that happens in the states (Unless you are at Red Lobster, but you can’t pick THE one you want!) We had so much food, and it was all good! Roast Duck is a huge thing here, as well as lamb, which back home always made me sick! I feel bad because lamb and shellfish make me sick, and since we all order plates to share, no one can have any. I think I may try it again, and if I don’t get sick, I will blame Olive Garden  Then we took a bus to Xi Xi Wetland, which was very beautiful. We took a boat to various places, such as Plum Villa, and some poet’s old home. This place was very beautiful, and large! It was so easy to just get lost in all of the beauty! Since, it is only 4:00 PM here, I am not sure what the rest of the day will be like, but I am hoping to call my family tonight since I have not been able to yet. We only have one key to the apartment, which is where the internet is. I am going to try to start some type of system that will allow me to blog every night, but for now I am sorry that this is a jumbled mess! Things are still happening so quickly that it doesn’t come out in order!
Classes start in about 2 weeks, and my internship starts next week! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment