Saturday, February 20, 2010

I was always told to take quicker showers :)




Sunday the 21st, 2010
This is a random post because things going on right now are so out of order and exciting!
Today we took a tour around our campus, and ate at what we call “Pac-Man” because that is what the logo looks like. This day has been a lot less stressful than yesterday, but I have been learning to find humor in everything. Since I can’t think straight enough I will just list some humorous things that may not be so “funny.”
1. Our bus ride took over 2 hours and we were dropped off at the wrong stop. We had to take a taxi, which 2 of the drivers didn’t know where our college was.
2. Zhejiang University is twice the size of Pella, IA. The town has a population of over 7 million, which means there are more people than Iowa.
3. We are not allowed to be on this blogspot, so we downladed a Tor.
4. I guess today was proof that I take too long of a shower! We don’t have tubs with our showers, and my drain wasn’t working, so my entire room and the hall flooded! Not only was I freezing, but my towels also fell off of the rack, meaning I had a flooded room and no towels, or heat. I couldn’t communicate with the front desk, so I had to just leave and talk to Li Shumin when we came to meet.
We got back and ate dinner late last night, and then fell asleep really fast. Our rooms are singles but we are thinking about moving into a double because the heat takes up a lot of our electricity, which has a limit. I was so cold last night!
Yesterday all of us were just so frustrated that I wanted to come home, and nothing seemed to go right. I was so frustrated that nothing was going right. Looking back, I was just tired, so tired I was crying. (those of you who know me and have seen me this tired- it’s bad!) In the morning, after a full nights sleep and shower, things were so much better (even though my room was flooded).

I am so sorry that all of this is unorganized! By the way my room number is 6213, which is needed with the address above if someone needs to send any mail!

1 comment:

  1. lol i'm sorry! sounds like the trip is already going great for you :D

    ReplyDelete