Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My day off!

After getting to see Kansas and the Doobie Brothers last night, I headed to Ames for my day off. Fair has been a blast, and it's a sad count-down until it's over. I couldn't have asked for a more rewarding job this summer. I have made fantastic friends, and had the chance to really figure out what my intended purposes are in life.

In 11 days, I will be flying out to Niger. I feel like this is sneaking up on me, but I have just been throwing stuff into the "Niger" pile in the back seat of my car until I have time to pack my actual bags.

I'm starting to see how much my life slowed down over the summer. I don't rush between things anymore and I take lots of time to process changes. As for the Niger trip, I am prepared, and my heart is more than ready, the timing is pushed, but a year ago this would have been normal. I have learned to enjoy small things and let others know what I find peace in.

Anyways, I haven't blogged for quite sometime, but I wanted to let everyone know I am alive and well! Look me up in the 4-H Building at the State Fair if you can! I'm off to the tractor pull with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment