Saturday, August 20, 2011

One Week

I will be on a flight to Niger in one week. One week. One week.

I have less than seven days before I leave for a wonderful journey to open my heart to another place of the world.

For the first time in awhile, I have honestly felt rushed. I have loved my summer of working for Extension and have learned many things... I'm still learning a lot about myself as i wrap up this last week, but it has been great to connect with a passion for youth development with others.

Even though I have felt rushed, it will be fine. My heart (and suitcase) are ready for this trip. My lack of time spent with my family, however, makes me grateful for the Christmas return.

I thought I would also take this time to clarify some things..

1. I have withdrawn from Central for the semester. I will be student teaching in the spring. I do not get credit for this opportunity, but it is still something I feel it worthwhile.

2. Curtis & I will be fine. Most people are excited to see us together, and we will just be taking a short separation. I consider it taking one for the team. :)

3. I'm quite confident I'm being led in a direction other than teaching in the public school system.

No comments:

Post a Comment