Thursday, August 26, 2010

first day of school


After having a crazy and rushed move in, I must say that I am officially over half way (one day more than half) done with my time at Central College. Some awesome things are going to happen this year. I'm getting involved with campus ministries, I may be working with the Marion Extension office (4H), and most importantly... I am developing relationships that will last a lifetime.

After one day of classes, I could say I am excited about this semester, after-all, I do have a Dr. Purnell class. Dr. Purnell loves talking about China and speaking Mandarin.. he may be my outlet when it comes to handling the "reverse cross-culture shock." (By the way, I think sometimes people fall for this because their friends, family, etc. make a big deal about it.) Today, I have 2 education classes and my "Recent United States History" course. I'm a little confused as to if we will cover ALL of U.S. History because it's all RECENT.

Pictured are my suitemates taking the classic first day of school picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment