Monday, March 22, 2010

weekend in Shanghai

Starting from before the departure for Shanghai, the weekend was interesting. I went downtown to help a teacher and then took a taxi to meet everyone to eat at an “all you can eat Korean cook your own food buffet.” I called our friend Penny to tell the taxi driver the address, and he literally took me less than one block! I thought I was lost and I was a little scared, but it turns out I was in the right place, I was just ripped off by a taxi! The food at the restaurant was super good, but the next morning was tooooo early. We woke up at 7 AM to take a van to Shanghai and we were running behind so there was no down time. We went to many places such as Gardens, malls, and other small shops. At night, we went to the hotel, but some of the students didn’t know they needed their passports, so they tried to go to the police station to get a pass, but it would have cost 500 yuan (about 120 USD)! Robert’s new wife (A guy studying with Central from Texas who has a new Chinese wife) used to work at a travel agency so praise to God, we got a hotel . This hotel was very nice, but we were so tired that we basically went straight to bed. The next morning (Sunday) we went to many more places, the aquarium, the science museum, and another mall… With all of these places to visit, it was very hard to see everything, so I wish that we had time to visit everything in its entirety! Also, Shanghai is famous for it’s “soup filled botiza” but we were unable to try it because we ran out of budget 
I am very glad that I get to go back to Shanghai so I can try it, and see the Pearl Tower, as well as all of the new Buildings from the world EXPO!

No comments:

Post a Comment