Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My first day of teaching!

For those of you who know how things in the education world go for me... today was just like any other.

I walked in to Mrs. Lily's office, and she told me that the other teachers loved my accent, so I was going to teach TODAY! She showed me what we were doing (numbers 1 to 5, phonics/letters, and animal sounds) and then she took me into the first of five classrooms. I love that the English teacher is not a native speaker, because many of her letters sound the same, g and j, and mouth/ nose also sound the same.

After I helped the kids with letter sounds, the kids introduced themselves. The teacher gave them all English names, and some of them were not typical English names. After going to all of the classrooms, I ate lunch with Mrs. Lily. Lunch was really good! (I'm not sure what we ate) We sat for another hour or so and talked about English words and Chinese words, and Mrs. Lily is happy that I can teach her English! She also told me that I can have an opportunity to work and teach English part-time. I am not sure if I am allowed to do this, but I think I am going to look into it!

I have to come up with some songs for the students for next week, so if you can think of any.. send them my way... I really need a letter song.. (not the ABC's)

No comments:

Post a Comment