Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wuzhen

The care package from Michael’s mom arrived, and it was HUGE, we have so much cereal and food for a long time!
After a long week of classes, Saturday we took our 2nd Central College trip. We left in a van at 7:30 for Wuzhen, an old water village that is about 2 hours away. Our director was not with us because she is in Pella for a conference thing, but Wuzhen was a very wonderful trip. Upon arriving, I thought that we were going to a legit town, but we actually were going to an old town that is now a tourist location.. (inside the city) and my oh my, were there a lot of tourists! Soo many people acted as if they have never been around a “wai guo ren” (foreigner). They took more pictures that normal, and even tried to look sneakier by standing closer to us to take pictures. Wuzhen was only a day trip, but the rest of the weekend was rather successful as well. Mike and I had our rather usual “Friday night date” which consists of going to that place that has unlimited cook your own meat. I also looked into places to travel to a little more, and I think that in addition to Tibet we are going to the Yellow Mountains (where Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was filmed).
A few other things that are new in my life, but don’t fit into the blog:
1. It looks like we may be leaving for Haiti on July 20th for a mission trip, which means summer is minimal.
2. Rooming with Dani next year is going to be amazing! We have a great group of gals that Dani has worked out. (and Brooke)
3. I need a hair cut really bad
4. Michael cooked a super tasty lunch. It consisted of potatoes, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, meat, pineapple, and other random things.
5. I can’t wait to see everyone when I get home, and I wish the time change was easier.
6. I am thinking about not drinking pop anymore… it’d be easy to quit without Sunkist in China!
7. I can’t wait to be home to read the Bible in a year with other people to help me through it.
8. I want to eat at Joe’s Crab Shack with lots of butter for my crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment