Saturday, April 24, 2010

a lazy weekend

This weekend is one of the types of weekends that I love and I don’t love all at the same time. We didn’t have any plans, so I spent the entire weekend relaxing/studying/walking around. I love weekends like this, but at the same time, I miss being REALLY busy. Next week Mike and I have finals since we are only taking half the semester of language, and it will be a busy week! I have my Speaking test on Tuesday, my Listening test on Wednesday, and Grammar on Friday. Wish me luck!
This weekend has been a beautiful weekend to be outside, but it’s hard to believe that it is only Spring! I feel like wearing shorts and tank tops while everyone else is wearing six layers! My apologies that there isn’t too much to blog about, like I said it was just a lazy weekend! I guess since there isn’t a lot to say about the week itself, I can talk about changes and Chinese things that still shock me! I’ve found it easier for myself to grow closer to God when I am reliant on hearing his word through reading the Bible. It’s interesting to me that I am getting into the habit of reading every day, I hope to keep that up when I return to the states. For those who haven’t heard I am going to Haiti for 3 weeks for a mission trip when I get back from China as well!
I haven’t really gotten “home-sick” yet. I miss my family and my friends, but the only other thing that I miss is my dog and Taco Johns. (Taco Johns is such a silly thing to miss!) It’s so sad to think about everyone else’s life and how much older my sister’s two boys and my brother and sister will be when I get home, but I hope that someday they have the same opportunity to study abroad. It’s a once in a lifetime experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment