Saturday, April 17, 2010

Volcanos, earthquakes, and tests

Things in China are going well! For those who know, the earthquake that happened is REALLY far away from Hangzhou, so we are safe, and no I haven’t felt any aftershocks! I am however praying for everyone in Europe, and I hope that all of my friends are safe and able to enjoy traveling very soon! This week I had my second Chinese test, I scored another 86, and with my final in two weeks, I hope to do much better! (For those of you who know me, I am NOT okay with a B!) Other classes are going well too, but I am excited to get out and see the rest of China! As my dad says, I think I will have seen more of China than that United States! Trips planned in the upcoming months:
1. Bejing- the Great Wall
2. Xi’ an- The Terra Cotta soldiers
3. Huangshan- Beautiful place, where the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was filmed
4. TIBET!
We also plan to go to other places, but I don’t know for sure yet!
A few days ago Mike was cooking tasty food and burnt his neck/arm on hot oil, so we enjoyed trying to figure out how to go through the Chinese hospital process (once again). It was easier this time because we could SHOW the people what was wrong. Apparently, you have to buy a card and pay for the appointment first and then see the doctor and then buy medicine! Just in case you ever have to see a Chinese doctor.. It’s sort of a long process.
Today, the weather was BEAUTIFUL, Mike and I were going to go to the lake, but instead we went on an adventure to find the foreign book store (since we have to spend all of those hours on the train in the next months!). Before successfully finding the book store, we stumbled upon this nerdy looking store that I knew Mike would like… We went inside and it was full of Gundams (these models that Mike likes to build)! He already has 3 small ones, but the ones in this store were super nice, and cheap, so I bought him an early birthday present (no worries, he already knows). We ended up spending more time in the nerd store than the book store, but the book store was rather disappointing because they didn’t have the book I was looking for… I ended up buying 3 other books instead of the 1 I wanted.

By the way, Mike and I didn't go to the cook your own meat place on Friday, instead we went to Pizza Hut... which is AWESOME here.. They have Salmon Pizza, (Mike likes it, I don't) we will have to take Mike's dad there when he comes!

OH AND I found Sunkist the day after I posted my last blog, but it didn't taste very good, I will stick to tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment