Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Prince Charming

On Friday my day care kids got me all dressed up for the big ball. They did my hair, make-up and even put a nice big blanket on me for a dress. It was quite the task.

When I was ready to leave for the ball, they asked me if my boyfriend would pick me up. I told them I didn't have one.

Girl 1: "oh, well he wasn't worth it anyway."
Girl 2: "Find a new prince charming, or don't have one."
Girl 1: "well, she has to pick someone. Find a man like Jesus, that'd be awesome."


Yesterday after tutoring I was talking to one of my kids, and she asked me how my boyfriend was doing. When I said I didn't have one, she said

"ugh. I hate making sacrifices. dumb boys. My mom says she doesn't need dad anyway, he is just nice to have around. "

I need to listen to my 5 year old friends more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment