Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bearing Fruit.

John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-- fruit that will last."

While I was in China, my dad shared this verse with me over a skype conversation. We were discussing God's plan in my life, and my current situation with a boy. It didn't really relate, other than the fact that I was meant to be a follower of Christ. I realized that God chose me! I need to live my life according to his will. For those who aren't aware, I am a huge planner. I have a list of things that I need to do, and the next four years of my life are lined up. At least they were. The tables are changing. I'm breathing deep and letting God have his way with me. I know the path I set up for my little 8-year-old self is NOT who God intended me to be, but I'm on a path of serving Him in a variety of ways.

God has more than just a PLAN in my life. He has PLANS for me. Plans that depend on timing, great prayers, flexibility, and lots and lots of guidance from Him. He has them for everyone, actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment