Friday, February 18, 2011

Today, I realized how much I DISLIKE stepping on peoples toes and being an exception.

Example One: We had a Math Conference, and after being in Des Moines for less than 3 hours, I got a call saying my Grandma was in the hospital. I didn't want to drive back (take the Central van) even though I knew I should go be with my Grandma.

Example Two: The boyfriend (.. I'll make another post) and Bestie both offered to stay in town tonight and be with me. Goodness, I couldn't let them stay with me. They had plans to have fun tonight.

Example Three: Grandma keeps telling me, "If you are on some mission trip or something, don't you dare stop for little ol' me." I want to be there like everyone else, I want to be the first to find out.

Example Four (not really): No one wants to tell me any news involving Grandma because I'm bound to freak out, drive 90 MPH (get pulled over) and be the first to climb in bed and hold her hand... Isn't that the way it should be?

So, for those who haven't caught on, Grandma Helen was taken to the hospital last night at 3AM. Congestive Heart Failure. Water in her lungs. AND Bronchitis. She thinks she is going home tonight.. sorry pretty lady.

The plus side: I got to cuddle and take a nap with her. It's the first time she has slept in days.

No comments:

Post a Comment