Monday, October 4, 2010

who am i?











I have been thinking a lot lately about who I am, and who people think I am. I've realized the two subjects really don't lay hand in hand.





Here are some things that I think people think I "am"... (let me know if there are others I'm forgetting)

Please don't think too hard about these, I'll tie them all together.

1. The girlfriend. That can mean "girl friend," "girlfriend," or "kind of girlfriend" Any combination has most likely fit at one point or another.

2. The arts nerd. band, drama, dance, thespians.. you name it, I probably have played it or done it.

3. That girl from Oskaloosa. Contrary to popular belief, I did grow up in Oskaloosa. (This could also make me the girl who left and never came back)

4. The farmer/rodeo girl.

5. The one who is nuts about 4H

6. the avid traveler.

7. The girl who got hit by a truck when she was riding her mule...

8. The girl who has divorced parents/ a confusing life story.

9. the girl who tries to do everything.

10. just "that" girl.

When all of these things (and more) come together, I become "me." However, I try to cater to my friends and show the side that I can better identify with at that time. I mean, it's odd to say that I used to rodeo every single weekend, and the weekends I didn't do that, I would be at a dance competition. I still haven't found that "one thing I'm great at," but maybe I should just accept I don't have one.. I'm just adaptable. I'm just me.

I guess what I'm trying to do is apologize to everyone I have ever confused. I am a complex person, and I don't regret it one bit. It makes me who I am.. so when it comes time for that "first date" realize that I could flip a coin between pizza and football or pasta and wine. I would be completely content with either option, which is why I usually say "I don't care."

However, if I tell you something one day, and it seems like I've changed my mind the next, it's normal. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment