Monday, May 3, 2010

I knew I brought makeup remover for some reason... Michael

I think that this is the latest that I have stayed up all semester! Hurrah for not having language class at 8AM anymore! In other exciting news, this weekend was quite wonderful. On Sunday, it was Michael’s Birthday. We didn’t make any big plans, we just decided to take a random bus and get lost in the city! Getting lost was quite successful, and finding expensive REAL American food was also successful! In the heat of the day, we stumbled upon “C. straits CafĂ©” and decided it was worth a try for Mike’s birthday lunch (To his parents- I know that you usually do a Birthday Dinner.. this meal was big enough to satisfy both). Mike ordered a steak which came with salad, soup, fruit salad, bread and vegetables with Coffee. My meal was a pork cordon bleu (REAL pork) with soup, salad and bread. All together the meal was 208 yuan, which is maybe $40.00. Trying to find our way back to the bus stop was really rough with full bellies so we caught a taxi 
Monday was an even more interesting day. A couple of months ago, we received a gift card for a photo shoot. (it’s a long story) The gift card was worth 1000 yuan for one person, but the amazing Li Shumin helped us get two people (Mike and I) a photo shoot together.. However, we had to let them us the pictures for publicity! We are pretty famous in China! Anyway, today was the big photo shoot!
As we were leaving, Mike couldn’t find the card, so we almost didn’t get to go until I remembered that Mike showed his Mom the card on skype the other night. We grabbed the card and took the bus to the picture place. Upon arriving we were asking a question that we only understood half of… “Would you like happy pictures or… (we didn’t know).” They called someone into the room and she asked “You like sexy pictures?” and we said “We want everyday pictures.” So I found a dress that I liked, and they took Mike and found him these AWESOME checkered pants that barely fit. The women then started to put makeup on us, but they said that we were too beautiful to wear much makeup… They ended up asking me for my number and asking me to maybe come back and model.
The whole situation was very confusing because neither Mike or I know ANY words for makeup or hair styles…. But we made it through! In the middle of the shoot the electricity went out, so we had to finish the shoot outside, I am excited to get those pictures back!
After I thought we were done, we went to change and the people decided to give us another outfit to wear… I asked the woman who did my makeup which one would be her favorite (after all she did give us a free shoot) and she chose…
Well, for more details you will just have to talk to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment